Paraprosdokian is figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently used in a humorous situation.
1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it is still on my list.
3. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right – only who is left..
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
9. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
10. I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
11. I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
12. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
13. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
14. Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
15. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
16. Forgive your enemy, but remember his name.