If we had a chance to live the day once again,
we would have rectified all our mistakes.
Do not regret that we cannot do so.
Start looking ahead for tomorrow.
It gives us another chance to retrace our steps.
If you lack the courage to start,
you have already finished.
Ideas won’t work unless ‘you’ do.
A father left 17 Cows as an Asset for his 3 Sons.
After death of father, his sons opened the will.
The Will stated that the Eldest son should get Half of 17 Cows,
The Middle Son should be given 1/3rd of 17 Cows,
Youngest Son should be given 1/9th of the 17 Cows,
Noth being able to divide 17 either by 2 or 3 or 9, the sons decided to go to a wise man.
The wise man read the Will, paused for a few minutes and then one camel of his cows to make 18 cows.
Then he said, “1/2 of 18 is 9. 1/3 of 18 is 6, and 1/9 of 18 is 2”.
So, he gave 9 cows to the eldest son, 6 cows to the middle son, 2 cows to the youngest son.
9+6+2 = 17
Thus, one cow was left, so the wise man took away his own cow.
To reach a solution, the first step is to believe that there is a solution. This will eliminate heart-burning and dispute which generally occurs among siblings when they think that there is no solution
Paraprosdokian is figure of speech in which the latter part of a sentence or phrase is surprising or unexpected; frequently used in a humorous situation.
1. Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
2. The last thing I want to do is hurt you. But it is still on my list.
3. Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
4. If I agreed with you, we would both be wrong.
5. We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
6. War does not determine who is right – only who is left..
7. Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
8. To steal ideas from one person is plagiarism. To steal from many is research.
9. A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station.
10. I thought I wanted a career. Turns out I just wanted paychecks.
11. I didn’t say it was your fault, I said I was blaming you.
12. Behind every successful man is his woman. Behind the fall of a successful man is usually another woman.
13. You do not need a parachute to skydive. You only need a parachute to skydive twice.
14. Money can’t buy happiness, but it sure makes misery easier to live with.
15. To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
16. Forgive your enemy, but remember his name.
People, in stead of putting themselves on the right track, keep finding faults in others. “What type of clothes you are wearing ?”
“Come on ! lets go to that or that eatery and enjoy food of current century”.
“What are you talking about ? Start living in the present-day-world. That was the time of our forefathers”.
They never have a thought if they have liberty to choose, other do have the same liberty.